The Ultimate Worm Bin Starter or Refill Kit!
This 3 piece kit comes with everything you need for a basic worm bin.
COCO COIR BENEFITS:
- Free of pathogens or any soil borne diseases
- Odorless and pleasant to handle.
- Natural and renewable resource.
- Uniform in composition.
- Excellent wettability and high water holding capacity.
- Acceptable pH and low EC.
- Ability to retain nutrients against leaching and to buffer supply.
- Good drainage and aeration.
- Less shrinkage and light weight.
- Retains physical properties longer.
1 MONTH FEED SUPPLY
What do you get when you mix 40 years of worm experience, a devotion to improving the quality of your product, and an eccentric drive for success? You get Uncle Jim’s very own, specialized worm feed recipe! (trust me, it adds up) Day after day, Uncle Jim would search and experiment with various foods, grains, materials, products, and feed, until 40 years later, he perfected his worm recipe. This material is the very food that we feed the worms on the farm. It is nutritious, organic, tasty, and will leave your worms salivating for more! This food keeps your worms parasite-free, healthy, and organic. Never before has a worm feed been so meticulously perfected. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
- This supply will feed about 500 to 1000 worms for roughly 1 month.
- 500 to 1000 worms will eat about 1 cup of food every day or 2.
- Simply pour the food, almost in a line, right on top.
- The worms are top feeders and will smell to food then come to the surface to eat.
- Bag weighs approximately 4 pounds.
- Store at room temperature.
Worm Blankets have been designed to encourage efficient worm farming by creating the dark, moist, aerated environment that compost worms thrive in. Made from breathable 100% natural fibres in the ideal thickness to retain moisture. Our Worm Blankets also feature a stitched in handle for easy use.
Choose the Worm Blanket to fit your worm farm then simply place it over the food scraps in the top working tray.
Water the Worm Blanket every time you feed your worms to keep it moist then replace the worm farm lid.
The Worm Blanket is a great back up for when you’re on vacation – your worms will be able to eat it when food scraps are running low!
Features and Benefits
- Stitched in handle
- Made from 100% natural fibers
- Ideal thickness to hold in moisture
- Made from bio-degradable jute fiber (All natural fiber)
- Available 21 x 13 inch jute blankets that are fit for the Worm Cafe but can be cut down to any size for the Hot Frog, Worm Factory, home bins, etc..
- Or Round 25 Inch Diameter. Perfect for circular composters like the Tumbleweed Can O Worms.
- Your compost blanket should last 3-6 months before needing replacement.