Coir is a natural fiber extract from coconut husk. The Coir fibers are extracted from between the outer shell and hard internal shell of the coconut. The fibers are then screened, graded, washed and compressed into bricks. Coir has many applications but is especially useful for gardening as an alternative to peat moss.
- 100% natural, renewable replacement for peat moss, rockwool & perlite
- Compressed bricks are easy to handle and store
- This disease resistant / pH balanced growing medium provides excellent air space and water holding capacity
- Holds between 8 & 10 times its volume in water
- Each brick yields 0.125 cubic feet of growing medium
- New box contains : 1 x 650g Coconut Coir Brick
- Brand Nature’s footprint
Water Holding Capacity
A compressed coco coir brick, block or bale should be soaked in water for at least 1 hour before using. Coco coir fibers expand 5 to 7 times in volume when soaked in water. Because of its superior water holding capacity, coir has excellent air space and drainage. When used in sandy soils, coconut coir fibers help to keep nutrients and moisture close to plant roots instead of washing away. When used in clay soils, coco coir brick helps to break up hard-packed earth and move nutrients and moisture through the soil.