The HOTFROG Essential Living Composter is the 3rd generation of worm composters created by FCMP
Building on the tremendous success of the original “Classic” Living Composter
- A moisture control water retention channel runs around the outside of each tray. Instead of allowing
the liquids to fall directly through the tray this channel gathers moisture to prevent the bedding from
drying out along the edges.
- When it’s time to expand your living composter a collection of 52 angled tunnels extend down from
the base of each tray directly into the bedding of the tray below. This provides ample opportunity for
worms to migrate between trays.
- Aeration is important for happy worms and good compost. A series of support points are molded into
In addition to our proprietary features both models of the HOTFROG Living Composter have all the
features traditionally found in top end vermicomposters.
1) The liquid collected in the reservoir base is
known as worm tea. Mix 1 part tea with 1 part water to create an excellent fertilizer for plants.
2) The speed and efficiency of the vermicomposting process keeps typical composing odor to a minimum and
allows the unit to be kept inside and used year-round.
3) Constructed from BPA free, UV inhibited, recycled polypropylene the plastic is contact safe and will not degrade if outside under direct sunlight. Legs are made of this material as well.
- Dimensions: 15″ x 15″ x 22″
- Each Tray holds approx. 3 gallons
- Comes with one brick of coconut coir and shredded paper to use as bedding. Just add worms!
- Made in Canada
- Free Shipping *within the lower 48 states. Cannot ship to HI if you order worms as well. If you would like us to attempt to ship to HI, PR or AK locations please call us BEFORE placing an order to get a shipping quote. If an order is placed to ship to one of these three locations, the order will be cancelled.
- Please note: the Essential unit is not compatible with the Classic unit.